No subject

Tue Jun 23 06:30:51 EDT 2009

"Today's Strawberry release is meant for classroom testing; feedback
(feedback at sugarlabs.org) will be incorporated into the next version,
available towards the end of 2009."

Sebastian surely meant to say "our final Sugar on a Stick v1 release".
This version follows many snapshots. The roadmap is here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Roadmap

The Sugar / Fedora / OLPC version numbering is difficult to follow,
which encouraged us to associate a flavor with Sugar on a Stick
versions and to downplay the number. Note that Sugar v0.84 is
distro-independent, while Sugar on a Stick v1 Strawberry is Sugar
v0.84 plus Fedora 11 plus some other tools.

V1 of SoaS had been planned for the fall in order to get up to speed
on the noncode aspects (documentation...), but was moved up by the
development team.

thanks

Sean
Sugar Labs Marketing Coordinator