[Grassroots-l] Nokia ad will feature me and my students in a project we call DONATING ONE LAPTOP PER CLASS

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Jul 29 21:16:29 EDT 2009

Hi Kyra,

Your program last fall was lovely - I was showing it around at an
event at NYU last weekend - and this Nokia piece sounds fabulous.

The college corps is called OLPCorps, and is running its first year of
matching  international student teams with schools this summer : h
  ttp://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps

As for a competition, how about OLPC t-shirts for every student in the
winning class?  we could have it be a random draw among all classes
with 100% participation - so that it's about getting involved, not
about how much you donate (which is the essential message of your
idea).

Intervarsity, it could be similar : we could highlight the school with
the highest % of participation in each of a few size-groups (<200,
201-500, 501-2000, 2000+) with a similar 2-minute spot and a poster
signed with thanks by the staff...  what do you think?

Sam.
--
617 529 4266
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/user:Sj