[Grassroots-l] Obama and Open Source

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 02:26:23 EST 2009

Who here knows Scott McNealy? I for one would like to suggest a few
Open Source initiatives for him to bring to the attention of the Obama
administration, particularly in education and voting.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/sun_s_mcnealy_advises_obama_administration_on_open_source

On a related note, did you see that the White House e-mail system went
out yesterday?

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=not-so-wired-white-house-email-cras-2009-01-27

Jan 27, 2009 12:10 PM
"The White House e-mail system uses Microsoft Outlook, and a server
outage caused the collapse, an unidentified staffer told The
Washington Post. The glitch hit the press office, first lady's office
and other departments..."

And Children are my nation.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai (Ed Cherlin)