[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] Community Book Sprint - QtoA

Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 13:21:18 EDT 2009

Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Good Job Yama!
>
> These questions could all be answered in one well crafted paragraph.
> Yama, want to try?
>
> Also, there is some great stuff in the Peru manuals, the Mochilla
> Digital manuals, and others that are out there.  Maybe we (Yama, Pablo
> Flores in Uruguay, and myself) could look over the ones in Spanish and
> pick out the best "nuggets" to condense and put into our little book.
>
> "Little" is the operative here. As much as we (myself included) may
> love to play with language, we are going to have to work on being
> concise if it is to all fit in 30 pages!
>
> Now, how about others?  Do the folks from Africa Corps have any
> nuggets from their training sessions? What about Nepal? How about Oceania?
>
> Adam...could we have a place on the wiki to collect these nuggets,
> maybe sorted by category? Then when it comes time to write, we can
> pick the best.

Exactly: while several of us have been outlining+building just such an
archive here -- /what we need right now is "Community Librarians" to
step up to the plate and organize (deployment photos, unknown tricks,
stories, etc) right here :-)/

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Class_Acts#Needs

(PS if you are new to the OLPC/Sugar Community please email me directly,
and I will explain by phone how easy it is for you to contribute
massively here mapping out our global community of learners!)