[Grassroots-l] OLPC - Parsons Collaboration

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:44:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:34 AM,  <becky at beckyheritage.com> wrote:
> OLPC Grassroots,
>
> On behalf of Parsons The New School for Design, I'd like to introduce
> myself.
> My name is Becky Heritage, and I am currently Faculty in the Design +
> Technology department at Parsons.
> We are interested in contributing for the OLPC through curriculum
> development for the unit and its activities.

Thank you. You can find out a little bit about the Earth Treasury Free
Digital extbook Design project, and see the list of current partners,
at

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Creating_textbooks

We intend to cover all standard curriculum subjects worldwide, to add
new subjects more relevant to local needs, and to push for curriculum
changes to take advantage of the increased intellectual leverage
afforded by Sugar software.

> We also, have an interest in long term partnership.
> In addition to the Wikis and online resources we've been absorbing, we would
> also like to invite a representative from an Education based initiative, to
> meet our department and come speak at a Consortium that we host Wednesday
> evenings.

I would love to participate the next time I am on the East Coast.

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Academic_papers for useful deployment studies.

> Sincerely,
> Becky Heritage
>
> Becky Heritage | Adjunct Faculty Design + Technology
> Parsons The New School for Design
> 2 W 13th Street
> New York, NY 10031
> 917 628 3901