[Grassroots-l] Interested in helping with OLPC UK Lending Library and Repair Centre?

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Apr 2 10:36:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

A week or so ago I put together a proposal[1] for a UK combined
"Lending Library"[2] and "Repair Centre"[3] (LLLL/RC if we need an
unwieldy acronym).  Proposals are up for review at least weekly, and
it's coming time when this propsal might be looked at.

Are you interested in helping out if such a proposal succeeds?  And by
"help out", I mean at least:

1) being an available contact person for the combined LLLL/RC

...and one or more of:

- help lending out laptops
- help mentoring laptop lendees
- help administering the library
- help repairing laptops
- help administering repair processes
- help publicising the LLLL/RC
- provide inventory space

If you can help in any of these or other applicable ways, please
indicate this by editing the "People" section of:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Lending_Library_and_Repair_Centre

I suspect that if it's just me interested we will not have as great a
proposal.

This could be a valuable way for people to contribute and I think we
have plenty of applicable skills here in the UK.

Please put your hand up by editing the wiki page:

http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=OLPC_UK/Lending_Library_and_Repair_Centre&action=edit&section=29

Thanks,
Martin

1. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Lending_Library_and_Repair_Centre