[Grassroots-l] [Olpc-open] InfoSlicer activity

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Oct 23 10:57:39 EDT 2008

Hi Diane and SJ - and hello to the Grassroots list!

IBM is working through their process to "open source" InfoSlicer. Not sure
how long that takes but they have been working on that aspect of the project
for a few weeks - the student interns just finished up in September. I plan
to write a second blog entry when that event occurs.

Glad you're eager to get more hands on it! Another extension to the
InfoSlicer Activity would be to integrate it more tightly with Browse (and
any web browser) by creating a web service that could do the slicing. I can
get more technical details if anyone is interested, please email me through
my blog's About page.

Thanks!
Anne

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Copying Anne -- any luck with a first code push?  SJ
>

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Diane Serley <olpc.aunti.mame at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Has the code been posted anywhere?
>>

>> Good question.  This repository was set up recently...
>>> http://dev.laptop.org/git/activities/infoslicer

>>> http://justwriteclick.com/2008/10/13/wikislicing-project-gets-real-introducing-infoslicer-as-a-sugar-activity/

>> --
>> Diane Serley