[Grassroots-l] Starting an OLPC project in Lombok, Indonesia

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:42:34 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Pete3135 <petersmith_13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm involved in OLPC project and may have managed to raise money for a class
> set of the OPLCs, but I'm still not in contact with a school.

Would you be interested in raising money for XOs for other schools? We
here know of a multitude of opportunities. I would like to see
somebody create a global fundraising project. I can assist.

After the election, some of us in the US would like to get President
Barack Obama involved in an education project for Indonesia. And
another for Chicago, and Hawaii, and so on. Wherever he has a personal
connection.

> The reason for writing here is that I could use some information about how
> to get in contact with schools in Lombok and of course ideas on how to get
> the project started.
> I'm a prim./sec. teacher in Denmark and are travelling to Lombok in
> december. I'm hoping that I'll find a school in Tandjung Lombok.
> Any help or ideas is gladly accepted!
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Smith.
> kristrup School, Denmark
> --

Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still moving ahead in EC!
http://www.obamapedia.org/page/Smears Join us!
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai For the children

And Children are my nation.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai For the children