[Grassroots-l] VideoChat is working now - hooray! - Now how about multi-user audio chat?

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 14:15:01 EDT 2008

There are a number of people that are interested in audio chat.
Currently there are a group of people that use TeamSpeak on the XO
but it is closed source and the client has severe stuttering problems
with 8.2-767. (it is not the firmware because if you boot into
alternate image 656 it works fine.  There was a trac ticket for audio
stuttering but can't remember the id).
Now a light weight audio chat activity that could be shared among
multiple users would be useful.
A few use cases:
A.) school intercom system. ( This how use of TeamSpeak came about in
the G1G1 sector as an experiment to see if XO could be used as a
school intercom ).
B.) communication for the blind
C.) inexpensive conference call system
Could this be a lighter weight subset of the Video chat system
developed as audio chat?

my 2 cents worth,

/Robert H.