[Grassroots-l] VideoChat is working now - hooray!

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun Oct 12 04:11:39 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We now have Videochat v9 which works. This is a great thing that will help
children connect, and in particular help with remote support for children.
It could assist with eHealth, remote education, speech therapy and any
number of useful functions.

Anyway, it also needs more hacking, so anyone interested in helping should
have a play and get involved. Currently it only does basic video
conferencing between 2 laptops but the vision (as it states on the webpage)
is for whiteboard functionality and more.

Anyway, thought there would probably be a few of you for whom this would be
useful :)

Download and information:

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Video_Chat

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Australia                                           http://olpc.org.au/
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be
                            free." - Bill Hicks