[Grassroots-l] Ogg on the wax

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Oct 6 13:24:06 EDT 2008

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-sur/2008-September/000799.html

OLPC should develop an announcement about our support for only free
formats.  It is a much bigger deal than most people realize; everyday
users of our projects often have no idea until they look carefully at
file extensions, or use a player that doesn't automatically recognize
an .ogg, that we are doing something unusual.

Monty -- who is the right person at Xiph these days to talk to about a
press announcement in support of ogg?  I was recently agitating on the
wikimedia list about doing the same thing.

SJ