[Grassroots-l] localization of the keyboard in the context of the G1G1EU

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 06:21:47 EST 2008

Hi Holger,

>> - a group buy of a specially manufactured keyboard with a localized keymap.
>> This new keyboard should be installed by the local grassroots / repair
>> centers in each target country

> is that the same as getting an order of 10000 laptops with localised keyboards
> manufactured?

That is the reflexion at olpc-deutschland, which I referred to. In France,
Quanta told us that we should wait approx. 3 months for the manufacturing
process. I don't remember the price figure, but it will be certainly too high
for us as grassrootlers.

> That is what olpc.de is currently thinking about. Luckily for us, we can try
> to reach this number with the austrians, as we share the same keyboard
> layout.

This is why we have to examine alternative options.

Bests,

Samy