[Grassroots-l] Help with the stuffer sheet translations

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:15:05 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta
<sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The only piece of "physical" (as in paper) documentation which comes
> with an XO is the stuffer-sheet (a sheet which shows you how to get
> started with the laptop) [1]. I just uploaded a POT file into our
> Pootle server, which contains all the strings (42) in the stuffer
> sheet. You can find it in the project OLPC in Pootle:
>
> https://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/olpc/
>
> It would be awesome if you could translate this into your languages -
> this is important for us for the G1G1 as well as newer deployments. It
> would be doubly awesome if this can be done as quickly as possible,
> since G1G1 is pretty close ;-).
>
> A primer to Pootle is at http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pootleforxo2.pdf
>
> Thank you,
> Sayamindu
>
> [1] For G1G1, there is also a signed letter by Nicholas Negroponte -
> we are trying to get that translated as well.. more on that later

Just a quick update: I have uploaded a new POT file - the letter which
goes out to the G1G1 donors. It's in the same OLPC project in Pootle.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

PS: We are trying to upload the original English PDFs of these (both
the stuffer sheet and the letter). As soon as they are uploaded, I'll
let the list know.

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta