[Grassroots-l] [Olpc-open] More Announcements - OLPC GrassCon

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Mon May 19 16:58:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Alex Keybl <alex.keybl at duke.edu> wrote:
> Hey all,
> It's great to hear about all the activity happening within the grassroots
> community in June!  I'm sure all of these events will facilitate greater
> communication among us.
> For the past few months, OLPC at Duke members have been preparing for an online
> conference as a platform for grassroots groups to talk about their
> contributions to One Laptop per Child.  That's how we came up with the OLPC
> Grassroots Web Conference <http://www.olpcgrasscon.com/> (GrassCon), an event we'll be hosting on July
> 19th.

I get a "406 Not Acceptable" HTTP error when I visit the above web
site.  The full description is:

"An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not
be found on this server."

This error appears to be related to the User-Agent string that is
passed in.  The User-Agent string on my browser (which causes this
error) is "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14)
Gecko/20080418 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.14".  I have verified
that it is a problem with the User-Agent string by using telnet and
sending a simple HTTP GET with that string.  Sending the request with
a "Mozilla/5.0" User-Agent string does not produce the error.

Let me know if you'd like any further details to diagnose the problem.  Thanks.

Denver