[Grassroots-l] Pass it on: User: pages on Wiki

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon May 19 16:41:38 EDT 2008

It is not too hard to contact people who post to any of these mailing
lists, since they have to provide an e-mail address in order to do it.
But there are many others in our community whom we cannot talk with
currently, including subscribers who lurk on a list without posting.

This is a request to everybody in the community to make a User: page
on the Laptop Wiki, http://wiki.laptop.org/. For example, my page
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Mokurai tells you what I am working on,
how I got here, how to contact me, and a few other things. You don't
have to follow my model. User name and real name are sufficient, or
even just user name, if you never use your real name within the
community. You don't have to provide explicit contact details. Just
having the page lets others contact you, because you will receive an
e-mail notification whenever someone writes on your Discussion page.

I find it particularly frustrating when I want to contact Localizers
for a particular language, only to find that they don't list
themselves on the Pootle page, or that they list just their names with
no User: page or contact information.

You are also welcome to connect with me on LinkedIn, which I find the
most useful of the social networking sites, or wherever else you find
me.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/