[Grassroots-l] Teen Campaign Awareness

Jon Sands jsands92 at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 19:05:30 EDT 2008

Dear One Laptop Per Child,
My name is Jon Sands. I am a 15 year old, living in Lincoln, NE.
I recently started developing a site restoretheworld.com
I am intrigued by your cause to give every child in 3rd world countries.
I believe it is an amazing idea that will promote learning and education
in countries that are in dire need of it.  I feel that teens as a group
are not being involved in key issues such as 3rd world countries
education, and even environmental and economy problems. I hope
restoretheworld.com can change that, and I am seeking your help in some
of your materials.
   I am wondering if there is any material such as stickers, fliers,
posters, or anything else you could give to me to support your cause.
Also, I am wondering if there is any chance I would be able to get an XO
computer at a discounted rate (I am a teen student--I don't have a big
budget as much as I would like to!) so that I could possibly raffle of
the computer, the highest bid of course, being a donation to your
organization.

I am going to be adding links and website material to a portiton of my
site called "Get Involved" having One Laptop Per Child information
regardless of your ability to provide any materials to me.

I hope, however, there is something we can work out as I truely believe
it would best benefit the child of the 3rd world countries.

  Restoretheworld.com is still in beta mode and requires a login, but if
you would like to view the site or anything that will get you to
consider my asking of those materials, just let me know!

Thanks so much for your time!
Jon Sands