[Grassroots-l] structure question for NL

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Tue Mar 4 16:47:52 EST 2008

Hi all,

These is a personal question. I representing only meself.

Currently oplc_nl is only a list of names of the wiki.

In NL the grassroot is getting more and more organized.

1. My idea is to do _no_projects_ in the grassroot, but do these outside
the grassroot.

2. The grassroot should be a meeting point over olpc related
activities.

3. Some work like to have workgroups organized in the grassroot.

Here it seem that there three options in _NL_ (dutch rules by law, so
read carefully):

## no formal structure

- no clear rules
- no clear focus
- no formal speaksman for partners
- harder to get funding
- freedom
- no one to blame / responsible
- costs

## vereniging (club/verein)

- easy hostile take over (by moneymakers)
- member administration
- focus
- rules
- goals
- members choose board (new group can take over)
- formal speaksman for partners
- no costs (boards personally reposible for financial loss)
- or ~E500 to have a formal vereninging (board not direct reponsible for
finacial loss)

## stichting (foundation)
- focus
- rules
- goals
- board chooses board (egg keep olpc people in)
- formal speaksman for partners
- ~E 400 to have a formal vereninging (board not direct reponsible for
finacial loss)

I would like to hear your ideas. What would be the best choise in the
Netherlands to choose for an organisation?

kind regards,

Marten

--

Marten Vijn