[Grassroots-l] Updating regional and organization pages on the wiki

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:17:00 EDT 2008

I would like to improve the focus of olpc wiki articles so that it includes
a page for every region and organization, indicating what they are doing to
improve primary education, connected and collaborative learning environments
for children, and access to/creation of collaborative projects, software, or
content.

For local regions, this means that the "South Carolina" page should be about
everything going on in South Carolina, and the "Ethiopia" page about that
fair country -- not only officially OLPC but also everything related to the
lower-case mission of olpc.  We can then have separate pages for "OLPC
Ethiopia", "ECBP/GTZ Ethiopia",  "One Laptop per Child/SC" or "Sugar
Laboratories Portland" if those groups exist.

I would also like to hear what people's favorite field reports, education
overviews, or local groups are in eachof the countries they are personally
tracking -- for instance the eduvision report from Ethiopia is interesting,
and yet another group to add to those mentioned above... but there is much
more of relevance from the past few years that does not explicitly mention
OLPC.   Feel free to respond to this thread with links, and please add those
links to the appropriate wiki pages.

SJ