[Grassroots-l] Uganda

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:09:44 EDT 2008

Howdy,

I am moving my family to Uganda, and one of my goals for the trip is to use
my skills and knowledge for community-development initiatives. I have
already made a few good contacts in Uganda through the nabuur.com community
project site, but many of them seem to focus on 'recycling' old computers
for community-based projects across the country.

However, as someone with a good technical background, a pro-'open source'
attitude and a career in IT project management, I wondered if there an
opportunity to become an advocate for the OLPC programme in Uganda?

Is anyone working on OLPC in Uganda? If not, how would I get something off
the ground?

Cheers
Jon