[Grassroots-l] OLPC Weekly 'Zine Volume 0 Issue 0

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Tue Feb 12 12:21:29 EST 2008

The first issue of the OLPC Weekly 'Zine is now up on the wiki.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Weekly_zine/0

This introductory issue, which has been translated into Spanish and French,
contains:

an interview with the wonderful Bernie Innocenti,
what's new in the OLPC wiki,
a great introduction to the Speak activity,
a how-to for installing XMMS,
an excellent sample of photos from OLPC meetups and deployments
and more.

Overall it's a good first issue.  This is a great mini-snapshot of our
community and we're going to be putting out issues weekly from now on, both
at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Weekly_zine/<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Weekly_zine/0>

You can make our next issue even better. If you would like to contribute
material or edit, please drop me, or any of the other editors a line via the
wiki.
We'd love to see the photos from your local XO user groups, community
profiles, and your stories from the trenches.

Issue 1 is being discussed here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Talk:Weekly_zine/1&action=edit

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone to participated, especially
Iain, who really picked up the slack and got this issue out the door.

Thanks for your time!
Seth 'Editor-in-a-funny-hat' Woodworth