[Grassroots-l] [Olpc-open] we need XOs for haitian pilot in ten days

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Mon Feb 11 19:37:38 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

An update on our quest  ... over the weekend, we've received eleven
donated laptops from G1G1 recipients and have managed to buy twelve
on Ebay.

If we get one more donated laptop, we'll reach our goal of 24 for our
trip this weekend.  Even better, the donated laptops even out the
Ebay prices to make each laptop cost an even $200 apiece.

If you have a laptop you'd like to donate, contact us at http://
waveplace.com/contact.   Any past the 24 will go towards our pilot in
St Vincent next month.

Also, many have asked what "fell through" with OLPC.   Our Haiti
project came up very quickly for us and we had talked with OLPC in
January about getting some of the donated laptops going to Haiti, but
this wasn't possible in time for our previously scheduled trip next
week.  We still hope to get more OLPC laptops for the rest of the 800
+ students at the Mercy & Sharing schools.

Thanks again,
Tim