[Grassroots-l] "/etc/init.d/olpc_europe start" - OLPC Europe event at FOSDEM

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Feb 7 04:03:38 EST 2008

Hi,

at FOSDEM, the Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting, a yearly
gathering of about 4000 (mostly) developers and contributors in Brussels, I
will be moderating an event called "/etc/init.d/olpc_europe start", which is
described in more detail below (which is just copied and pasted from the
event description on our wiki and soon (todayish) also on the fosdem website.

If you're attending FOSDEM, I'd love to meet you there! Please enter your name
on the wiki page too :-)

quote:

During the last 12 months many OLPC grassroots initiatives in Europe and
elsewhere in the world popped up, to promote the OLPC idea locally in their
communities, to help children locally and globaly.

OLPC Europe aims to be a focus point to share experiences, ideas and work
between those local groups and towards the global OLPC project. Like the
global project we aim to be an education project and use that laptop as a
means.

This meeting aims to get the different people from any OLPC related initiative
together, to get us know each other and to discuss the feature of the young
OLPC Europe project.

If you intend to participate please enter yourself at
http://wiki.laptop.org/Go/OLPC_Europe/Events/FOSDEM

When:  Saturday, 23. February, 15:00 to 17:00
Where: http://fosdem.org/2008 - thats Brussels in Europe :)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: we will have an IRC meeting today at 17 UTC on #olpc-europe on freenode.