[Grassroots-l] presentation on green computing

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 03:33:04 EST 2008

We are not here to do your homework for you, and this is entirely the
wrong place to seek technical information. Further comments sent
privately.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for information to give an presentation about
> green computing. I am asked to talk about XO and OLPC.
>
> http://www.nluug.nl/events/20090122groen/index.html

Almost all of the information you request is readily available to you
in the Laptop Wiki, http://wiki.laptop.org/. We are not here to do
your homework for you.

> It will be a 30 min talk, for mainly unix admin and "greenish" people.
>
> Layout of my talk:
> - background OLPC
> - tech details XO
> - usage resources:
>  - electricity
>  - natural resources
>  - network / Internet
> - reuse natural resources
>
> - human resources
>  - repairing centers
>  - support teams
>  - packing and distributions
>
> I am looking for schema's:
> - schema's power usase per part in the XO
> - schema's power usage compared with EEE, standard laptops, standart
> desktops
> - clear images / foto's
> - links with background information
>
> Resources with an open license do have prevalence!
>
> English slides + research notes will be online in a free accessible
> format:
>
> http://martenvijn.nl/svn/olpc/greencomputing/
>

> thanks,
> Marten