[Grassroots-l] Management tools for regional groups

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun Aug 17 02:49:24 EDT 2008

Hi all,

After a discussion with Seth, SJ and a few people from Australia interested
in OLPC, we are going to be creating a system in Australia for volunteer
registration (for deployment projects, or other activities), a laptop
sharing program (so people with XOs can share them with other developers, or
for demo events), and some Q&A forums for localised support around the OLPC
project for teachers, administrators and hackers. We will be pushing
everyone to document and participate in global spaces such as
wiki.laptop.org and the devel mailing lists, however these local forums are
meant to provide localised support for users of and deployments of XOs.
There are other functions like managing deployment project proposals locally
which we will be incorporating down the track.

I'll provide an update to this list as we go, however I thought it might be
of interest for other regional groups. We are looking at potentially
extending the projectdb codebase for some of this functionality.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/