[Grassroots-l] [IAEP] Concise explanation of Constructionism from the Learning Team

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:32:49 EDT 2008

"Bill Kerr" <billkerr at gmail.com> writes:

>   • intuition

[...]

>   • different ways of looking at maths (constructive and intuitive compared
>     with rule driven and formal)

[...]

>   • other mathematicians who hold similar views - Poincare, Brouwer, Godel)

I'd be curious on how Cynthia relates mathematical theories (like
intuitionism) to pedagogical theories.  What is the "similar views"
that Poincaré, Brouwer and Gödel are holding?  Is that views about
pedagogy or views about mathematics (namely intuitionism)?

Can you tell me more about this? (or send me pointers?)

Thanks!

--
Bastien