[Grassroots-l] ProjectDB and management tools for Pilots/Projects

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Thu Aug 14 01:33:42 EDT 2008

SJ, Pia Waugh, and I had a very interesting conversation tonight about
organizing projects and proposals via a web interface such as Austria's
ProjectDB (http://projectdb.olpc.at).  While I think that there are several
more things that the wiki can and should be doing via Semantic MediaWiki,
there are several things that wiki will never be able to do.

There is a growing need for some project/proposal management tools that are
a little smarter about keeping private information private, which is the
current use of the ProjectDB.  There are several ways that ProjectDB could
be expanded and used by individual OLPC groups (like olpc.org.au).

We're going to have an open meeting on the subject at:

* 23:00 Friday, August 15th, UTC
**9:00AM Sat .au
**6:00PM Fri .us

thoughts on the subject.