[Grassroots-l] [Server-devel] Customizing build 703 for mass deployment

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 06:34:33 EDT 2008

here is what i have I tried this afternoon

bunzip xo-1....tar.bz2
mkdir os703
tar xvf xo-1..tar -C os703/

then

mkfs.jffs2 -n -e128KiB -r os703 -o testpre.img
sumtool -n -p  -e 128KiB -i testpre.img -o testpost.img
../pilgrim/crcimg/crcimg testpost.img
copyied testpost.img and testpost.crc to my usb key

On the XO:
copy-nand u:\testpost.img

/usr/bin/startx/: line 144: cannot create temp file for here document
: Permission denied

fatal server error: Could not create lock file in /tmp/.tX0-lock

I don't have any more time to work on this today. Perhaps I can look at
it next week.

I took a look at Puritan but couldn't figure out how to build it. Again
time is a constraint.

>  * bootUSB -> edit -> savenand, and

I have tried to boot the XO from a USB key but couldn't figure it out
after half a day's work. Perhaps this owes to my own inexperience rather
than this particular method.

Michael, sorry if I have been rude in my mails. I have been quite
stressed this week leading up to Friday's launch. I do appreciate your
help.