[Grassroots-l] OLPC USA

Joshua N Pritikin jpritiki at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 4 14:30:42 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:20:13AM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Even if OLPC America exists, it is doing precisely nothing. So why
> don't we start our own OLPC USA and get things moving?

Since cost is not as important in USA as it is in other countries, we need
to show substantially different outcomes comparing OLPC laptops with, say,
Windows XP or Apple. Americans want the best quality education at any cost.

My opinion is that we need an army of anthropologists documenting everything
that is happening in Uruguay, Mongolia, and Peru.