[Grassroots-l] Will like to promote this project on my internet radio

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:15:50 EST 2007

Seth Woodworth wrote:
> That's great that you would like to help out.  But I don't think that
> we have a radio-promo yet.  I'm not sure What grassroots media we do
> or don't have actually.  It doesn't seem to be available on the wiki
> anywhere.
>
> Grassroots list:
> Does anyone have a brochure or flyer that they have made up?  I have
> the layout ability/software if someone can supply me with text/images.
We have a handful of posters for our campus...use as you see fit. They
are all under a CC license. http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/426

> Also a radio jingle, I've recorded audiobooks for Librivox, and I have
> access to a radio station soundbooth.  Does someone have a suggestion
> for text?  I'll make up a page on the wiki if anyone speaks up.
Radio jingles (and for that matter posters) will probably be different
depending on the location where these are aired or viewed. For instance,
I was talking to a friend yesterday about a possible ad that puts  spin
on the "Ho Ho Ho!" for Christmas with "XO XO XO!" perhaps with a Santa
in green and white instead of the traditional red and white. However,
that would only fly for cultures that emphasize on that particular
event/holiday. Here in the US, we cannot even wait for Thanksgiving to
finish before we push Christmas on the mall goers!

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University