[Grassroots-l] weekly status report OLPC.at

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sun Nov 4 20:21:32 EST 2007

Hi!

As already mentioned once, this goes out to other grassroot groups.
We would like to encourage you too to send out weekly info posts of
what happened in your country. Helps to understand where the whole
project is going and what local grassroot groups can do and what they
achieved.

So, I will start with our group

OLPC Austria newsletter #2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
=============================

elevate.at
- - - - -

We have been presenting the ideas behind OLPC and our XOs at the
elevate.at festival in Graz Austria.
Graz is a lovely small city. It has the worlds biggest collection of
medival knights armor, the "Schlossberg" a castle on a small mountain
in the middle of the city and a very active young students scene.

Then moved on to Kiblix. See the posts below.
Graz and Kiblix was just amazing! So many people got interested. I
guess we will see a OLPC Graz section soon.

A few days later we got an email about the wish to found of "OLPC
Germany e.V." (eigentragener Verein, registered association) modeled
after OLPC.at. Bert Freudenberg will be there, Yoko will be there,...
folks are interested in doing that, let's see what happens.

After Graz we all needed some days off.

next steps
- - - - -

* Austrian pilot: there is lot of organizational work for that!
* activity challenge: expect some progress here
* activity handbook: same

I am curious about your grassroot experiences and progresses. Please
report! Let's get more connected on these issues.