[Grassroots-l] welcome to the grassroots list: topic 1 different wikis

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sat Jul 28 15:25:06 EDT 2007

hi!

Many local country groups have their own wikis or their own web sites.
I recently discussed with SJ that we should try to integrate our
stuff into the main wiki.
Why? Because then more people see the nice things we do and they can
add to our content.

We discussed on how to do it and one of the best approaches would be
to have a bot
which copies over changes from the local wikis to the main wiki
(maybe if there is a special name tag in a page, otherwise it does
not get copied).

SJ mentioned that we should agree on common namespaces to ease that task

what do you think?

Please add any extensions that you need on the main wiki to http://
wiki.laptop.org/go/Mediawiki

Any pointers on that issue (I myself am not a mediawiki pro I must
admit)?

cheers,
aaron.

---
C.O.S.H.E.R. - Completely Open Source Headers Engineering and Research