[Grassroots-l] local groups for XO/OLPC

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Dec 24 15:19:20 EST 2007

I think its important for new owners of XO laptops and OLPC enthusiasts
to discover each other and gain critical mass in their own local
communities. Currently, we have to rely on discovering others by
accident (some post on some list) or by other proxies such as Linux User
Groups in different cities. Is anyone working on a directory of sorts to
group people by geography?

On a related note, we (SF State University, San Francisco, CA USA) are
gathering our campus folk together on an internal list so that we can
organize meetings on campus about OLPC and XOs. We have space and
interest. Anyone from San Francisco or the SF Bay Area is welcome to
join. Simply drop me a note.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.