[OLPC-Games] Fwd: Interactive Learning Patterns (or your better term for it)

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:01:23 EDT 2011

This may diverge from the original question somewhat, but reading E.
Cherlin's comments about how young kids can learn math, languages, music and
more reminds me of another challenge that lurks out there: Both my children
were solving fairly complex algebraic fraction problems, among other things,
by about first grade.  At the end of 1st grade my son had been re-programmed
so badly by his (mathematically clueless) first grade teacher that I was
literally heart-broken.  I was no match for them.  That trend continued all
the way to the present.  Now my kids get straight A's in math but don't have
much of a clue anymore.  This, to me, is an extremely sad phenomenon as you
only get to work with your kids at those early ages while they are those
early ages.  Oh well ...

AsymptopiaSoftware|Software at theLimit
          http://www.asymptopia.org