[OLPC-Games] new educational game concept

Ahmed MANSOUR atphalix at inbox.com
Fri Jan 1 20:53:43 EST 2010

Here is a good concept for a Korean educational game called Hanjamaru, made for learning Chinese characters:

This game uses the brain’s principle. Our brain remembers what has often been seen and heard. For example, most parents can read the “yong” (龍; dragon) character, because it often appears in movies or publications. Hanjamaru’s structure makes the learner’s eyes focus for a long time on the character which is written on the monster. When the player attacks the monster, both the meaning and the sound of the character are displayed, contributing to obtain a stronger learning efficiency than just seeing the character with the eyes.

http://blog.eduflo.com/2009/12/hanjamaru-won-first-prize-at-kgc-awards.html
http://blog.eduflo.com/2009/12/eduflos-hanjamaru-junes-premium-game-of.html

maybe we can learn something from this game, or make something semilar in pygame.