[OLPC-Games] Ri-li segfaults in 767...

Kent Dahl kentda at pvv.org
Sun Oct 26 15:09:24 EDT 2008

sø., 26.10.2008 kl. 10.02 -0700, skrev Mike and Elaine Huggins:
> I downloaded 767, and can't get any Tam Tam games to work, have no sound,
> abd videos don't work; I fell back to previous version, and lost the
> browser, reloaded 767, and have the same problems; I asked for help form
> OLPC a week ago, and haven't got a response. Any thoughts?

Afraid not. I didn't experiment much with it, as I had only set off
half-a-day for updating it to the latest image and try to get some games
on it before returning it to my nephew. I didn't test the Tam Tam games
after updating, but I did test a lot of other games that did work, and I
did get sound in those AFAIK.

How did you update to 767? Clean install or olpc-update? Did the
firmware get updated too? (I had forgotten to turn on the power socket
where the adapter was plugged in, so it didn't want to touch the
firmware first time around.) I did the update using a USB disk with
fs.zip and 767.img file on it, and had also the G1G1 activity pack on
the USB for quick installation.

Hopefully someone who's working more actively on the laptops can help
you out. I only get my hands on the XOs about once a month. :)

--
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>  ---  http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/