[OLPC-Games] Play Go issues for laptop

Paul Barchilon shimari at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 15:28:15 EDT 2008

Hi Walter,

That was exactly the right question to ask!  I was trying the LiveCD
method with XO-LiveCD_080919.iso, which didn't work.  When I created a
"new PC" in Qemu and told it to use olpc-redhat-stream-ship.2-
devel_ext3.img then it worked.

Still trying to figure out how to get the screen size to the
appropriate dimensions, and now I have to figure out how to use your
OS.  From there I will load PlayGo and get back to all of you.  Thanks
for the help, I am glad I got in finally!

Here is another comment from the kid who is giving me feedback on his
laptop:

From	leinad
Date	10/11/2008 23:39
Subject	RE: one thing about playgo i can
i dont think it is online i think you have to be physically near
another XO...
and i do not have access to wi-fi that frequently...
also i noticed that the program does not take away dead stones...

I am not sure if he means it doesn't take dead stones off during play,
or at the end, both are important though.  I will definitely want to
play a game with Andres on KGS, I think we could figure out all the
problems quite quickly that way.

Thanks,

Paul

http://barchilonceramics.com