[OLPC-Games] Webcam for Summer of Code

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:45:05 EDT 2008

Hello, all.  I'm working with the Pygame people on a Google Summer of
Code proposal involving adding cross-platform webcam support to Pygame
(either via an independent C library or via adding to SDL).  However,
this applies to various different organizations, so I am submitting
proposals to any organizations interested in mentoring this SoC project.
I understand there is a version of Pygame that runs on the OLPC.  Would
someone from the OLPC organization be interested in mentoring me on
this, with the obvious addition of OLPC support for the library?  And
would it be possible to get development hardware, or would I have to use
emulators?
I'm very interested in pursuing this, and I feel it's a great
opportunity for expansion of the game development abilities of OLPC as
well as Pygame in general.
Thanks for any feedback you can give me,
-Luke