[OLPC-Games] Physics with Python and Pygame (Chipmunk 2D Physics Engine)

Chris Hager chris at linuxuser.at
Thu Mar 13 08:07:58 EDT 2008

Hey,

I've just finished making a xo bundle out of the physics thingy :) It's
a selection of the 3 last demos (6, 7 and 8). With not too many objects,
it's quite fun to play with :) Especially the drawing and behaviour of
polygons is always again fascinating. The activity (and project) is now
called 'elements' (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Elements)

    http://www.linuxuser.at/elements/elements.xo (195 kb)

And the normal download (with short doc and the chipmunk sources in C):
http://www.linuxuser.at/elements/elements.zip (340 kb)

    Chris

PS: Phun seems to be interesting, but unfortunately it comes without
source :( Also, I tried Chipmunk with OpenGL, but it made no speed
improvements. The  physics engine tends to be the bottleneck - so normal
pygame SDL is just as fast.