[OLPC-Games] Calling all graphic artists! Volunteer your time and skills

Clare Richardson clare at girlstart.org
Mon Mar 3 17:13:52 EST 2008

Calling all graphic artists!

Girlstart is looking for graphic artists and designers to volunteer their time and skills in March.  High school girls in the Project IT Girl program are creating 30 educational computer games (about mostly social issues!) for One Laptop Per Child, but need your help to make their games attractive through professional graphics.  We need graphic art for everything from baseball players to cafeterias to science lab equipment.  See the project website below for more information on Project IT Girl and our specific graphics needs.

Don't have artistic skills?  We need your help too!  Many of the girls' graphics needs may already be out there under an open license such as Creative Commons.  You can help by simply searching the internet.

Visit http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Project_IT_Girl to volunteer!
If you're not on the Artist Roll Call already, make sure to add your name: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Artist_Roll_Call

Please pass this on to any colleagues that may be interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About Project IT Girl:
Project IT Girl teaches high school girls in Austin, Texas, how they can change the world through the use of Information Technology. This year, the IT Girls are learning basic computer programming concepts through creating unique educational games. The girls design, program, and market their games to create awareness about social issues ranging from personal hygiene to climate change.  The top games will be submitted to One Laptop Per Child (http://laptop.org/) for inclusion on their ultra-low-cost laptop for children in developing nations. Project IT Girl is produced by Girlstart (www.girlstart.org<http://www.girlstart.org/>) and made possible by a three-year grant from the National Science Foundation

Clare Richardson
Technology and Program Coordinator
Girlstart
www.girlstart.org<http://www.girlstart.org/>