[OLPC-Games] OLPC GameJam Brazil 2008

Juliano Bittencourt juliano at lec.ufrgs.br
Mon Jun 16 15:42:23 EDT 2008

           Hello,

           In the FISL 9.0, the biggest latin america free software
conference held in Porto Alegre - Brazil, happened the OLPC GameJam
Brazil 2008. This is the second GameJam that happened in Brazil, being
the first one in São Carlos - SP.  During the event, we  made a small
movie to show what happened and how the kids judged  the best Game. We
published this small video in Youtube with english subtitles, so
others can have an idea about how was the contest.

           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWKBdeZUtq0

           A team from the Argentinas PyGame group was the winner,
with a game called Falabranaman. We will publish the game of all games
very soon, in the wiki page of the GameJam.

           Best,

           Juliano

Juliano Bittencourt <juliano at lec.ufrgs.br>
Laboratório de Estudos Cognitivos - LEC

Address: Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 - Bairro Santa Cecília - Porto
Alegre - RS - Brasil
Phone: +55 51 3308 5250 and +55 51 3308 5690