[OLPC-Games] [ANN] Magic Maze in Ruby/SDL for the OLPC XO - .

Kent Dahl kentda at pvv.org
Sat Jun 14 04:58:12 EDT 2008

Magic Maze is a simple, low-tech monster-bashing maze game implemented
in Ruby using SDL.
http://magicmaze.rubyforge.org/

It has been modified to work better on the OLPC XO, and wrapped in an
activity.

Some of the changes done for the OLPC:
* Make the "dead-monster-goo" green instead of red, to be more kid
friendly.
- "is it blood? it's not! it is snot!"
* OLPC keymapping - gamepad keys for in-game play.
* Speed up fading in/out.
* Scaling support; Scale up graphics for the OLPC.
- Linear scaling done manually for sprites; slower but blocky and
non-SGE.
* More command line options for OLPC integration;- volume, fullscreen,
scaling etc.
* Activity wrapping in Sugar (icon, launcher, etc)

I haven't added it to the OLPC Wiki yet, as I wasn't sure if and where
it fits. I've tested it on two XO's, but let me know if there are any
issues.

--
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>
http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/