[OLPC-Games] [ANN] Magic Maze in Ruby/SDL for the OLPC XO - .
kentda at pvv.org
Sat Jun 14 04:58:12 EDT 2008
Magic Maze is a simple, low-tech monster-bashing maze game implemented
in Ruby using SDL.
It has been modified to work better on the OLPC XO, and wrapped in an
Some of the changes done for the OLPC:
* Make the "dead-monster-goo" green instead of red, to be more kid
- "is it blood? it's not! it is snot!"
* OLPC keymapping - gamepad keys for in-game play.
* Speed up fading in/out.
* Scaling support; Scale up graphics for the OLPC.
- Linear scaling done manually for sprites; slower but blocky and
* More command line options for OLPC integration;- volume, fullscreen,
* Activity wrapping in Sugar (icon, launcher, etc)
I haven't added it to the OLPC Wiki yet, as I wasn't sure if and where
it fits. I've tested it on two XO's, but let me know if there are any
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>
More information about the Games