[OLPC-Games] PyQNet project on Launchpad

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Mon Jul 28 01:28:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Those of you who were at PyCon in Chicago for the OLPC sprint may
remember Phil Hassey's impromptu lecture on how to build a networking
API [1].  I've been hacking together a preliminary implementation of
something like that API and have just moved the project to Launchpad[2]
so that other people can play with the code.  It's definitely not
finished yet, so if you want to work on something low-level and
network-y, feel free to play.

This is by no means a particularly elegant implementation, it's just a
straightforward hack that should get the job done (once it's finished,
of course).  At the moment all it's got is message retry and
reordering.  Discussions of forward plans and the like are currently
happening on my blog[3]. We can move those discussions here if they get
more involved and multi-sided.

Have fun,
Mike

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_a_networking_API