[OLPC-Games] Wordsmith ( Scrabble ) :GSoC application

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:11:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Aditya Vishwakarma <
adi.vishwakarma at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Charles Cossé" <ccosse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You might be interested to  look at TuxWordSmith.  It's a python code
> > which plays scrabble in over 40 languages and was recently mentioned on this
> > list.
> >

> TuxWordSmith would be awesome. I have downloaded the source code and would
> review it out. I hope it is easily extendable to the project goals i have in
> my mind.
> I hope you would allow me to use your code as a base for the project.

Yes, would be willing to assist anyone attempting to get Asymptopia Software
products running/included for the XO.  There is also TuxMathScrabble, which
would be a slightly easier port.  Both use PyGame, and it would be a simple
matter to remove the wxWidgets dependency.

TuxWordSmith is also mentioned on the page:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Educational_content_ideas/language_learning

Let me know how I can help,
Charles Cosse

--
AsymptopiaSoftware | Software at theLimit
www.asymptopia.org