[OLPC-Games] [OLPC library] Curly Logo / OLPC

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Nov 28 15:28:20 EST 2007

Julius B. Lucks wrote:
> I am cc'ing the games and library lists to put you in contact with other
> OLPC developers. SJ Klein asks what license Curly Logo is available
> under, and if you have not chosen a license, would you consider a free
> license.
>
> You can sign up for the OLPC developers program to have access to a
> machine at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers_program, although I am
> not sure of the availability at the moment - someone from the list would
> know more than I do on this point.
>
> The Unicode ability is very nice as one of the strong focuses for OLPC
> activities is internationalization.

I notice it already has support for ÷ and ×, which coincidentally the XO
has keys for.

> Does someone on the list have a checklist of what David can do to
> package Curly Logo for the XO?  Should it be made into an activity, or
> be a part of the library?  If the latter, how do we handle
> internationalization?

It seems like an activity to me, but how an activity based on HTML and
Javascript might work is an open question.  A question that should be
answered.

There's also things like persistence that would come up.  Ideally you
could write programs and save them and share them.  Also, the images you
make should also be shareable.  And it should be possible to use those
images elsewhere in the system.  So it should fit in with the journal.

This seems like a nice, concrete activity in which to think about how a
web application can integrate with the system.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org