[OLPC-Games] Notes from Sunday's game discussion

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Mar 21 09:59:36 EDT 2007

The wiki has been updated after weekend discussions about game development
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Game_development

There was some interest in having regular conference calls about game
platforms and ongoing projects; send me a note off-list if you are
interested in this and actively developing for the XO.

Next steps: getting SDL to work neatly on the XO, and finishing a pygae
port.  Kent and Mamading are both working on this.  We also need to
prioritize needs for etoys, gnash, and java(!) to have more comfortable
dev environments.

There are also plans for a physical meeting in early april, some early
code sprints at Olin this spring, and perhaps a full-on weekend of game
hacking to finalize a number of game projects in the early summer.

Please keep updating the wiki with ideas, new projects, and specific
plans.

Cheers,
   SJ