[OLPC-Games] Games Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7

Jennie Stenhouse error404notfound at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:26:22 EDT 2007

Heya

thanks for the response.

Well my main idea at the moment is replicating a project I worked on
that was devloping eyetoy like games for kindergarten kids back home
in NZ. We were working on very low end machines so I have a bit of a
start on that aspect. basically encourprating  some learning
principlas with lots of jumping about singing and shouting with fun.
The frame work also had a "scrap booking" type aspect which allowed
the kids to take photos of there wins and achivemetns friends and
vistors to display to others.

Might be an intreasting thing to do a labelling type game. like
generic pictures and kids just yell the name simple recording and
repeat we could use that kinda user generated data to share some basic
language stuff. I would love to know what kids would name some of the
weriid and wonderfull stuff they dont come across in there daily
lives. That data could be used in a memory type game etc.. he he there
are just a whole bunch of things that could be done. its working out
whats going to be of most value and fun and is going to function the
best in the field.

can you tell I am keen :P

Is there help needed in devloping the camera and mic access stuff I
may be of use at that level too.

cheers

Jennie.