[OLPC-Games] Howto connect GTK mouse events to pygame events

Lincoln Quirk lincoln at techhouse.org
Thu Jun 7 16:07:38 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 08:46:55PM +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> > > Is there any info about how to link/connect the mouse events?
>
> > The biggest reason I have not added this yet is there is still some
> > concern on the SDL vs. Cairo front. I'll look at adding this soon, if
> > only as an interim measure.

> I'm waiting with great anticipation for mouse event support, for an
> activity I'm writing for the World Wide Workshop in pygame, that makes
> use of drag and drop style actions.
>
> How's that interim solution looking?

Here's the status as I understand it.

Mouse events are frustratingly not being seen by anyone using Noah's
wrapper, and we can't figure out why. Noah and I looked at it yesterday
for a while, and I've spent some time on it today, and not made
progress. I'm hoping we can figure it out today.

If it's not figured out today, we'll have to look at something else.
Ryan Gordon's changes to SDL (to make it live inside a GTK window) are
probably the next way to go, and I'll be looking deeper into that
shortly.

Lincoln Quirk