[OLPC-Games] Looking for Boston-area kids to judge at the Game Jam next weekend

Mel Chua metamel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 15:27:05 EDT 2007

We're looking for local kids to serve as judges for the Game Jam - the
following is the email we're using to send to teachers and parents. If you
know any, please pass this along.

---

Thanks for helping us find judges for the Game Jam! (
http://hackronym.com/olpc/gamejam/index.html)

What's happening:

Next weekend, a whole bunch of programmers, musicians, teachers, writers,
and game designers are going to be making computer games for the XO, an
open-source laptop that's going to be given to kids in classrooms all over
the world.

They'll be making their games in less than 44 hours and giving a big demo on
Sunday afternoon - we'll have lots of computers in a room with the games
running on them, and the developers who made the games will be right there
to answer questions and maybe even code your suggestions into the game right
then and there.

What we need:

Since the games are being designed for kids, we need kids (target range is
preschool to middle school, although older and younger is ok too!) to serve
as official event judges and tell us which games they like best. Judging
will take place from 3:30-5:30 on Sunday afternoon, June 10 at Olin College
(http://www.olin.edu/campus/getting_around.asp), and your votes will
determine the winner.

If you're coming, please drop us a line at olpcgamejam at hackronym.com so we
can have a rough count of how many judges to expect.

Thanks!

-Mel Chua
OLPC Game Jam Coordinator