[OLPC-Games] Status of MIT's Scratch?

Clare Richardson clare at girlstart.org
Mon Jul 23 13:12:51 EDT 2007

I was wondering what the timeline is for MIT's Scratch on the laptop.
I've heard it will happen, and that their Linux version is due out this
year.

We were planning on teaching Python/Pygame to high school girls to
develop games for the laptop, but we've had some concerns about our
short time crunch (we only see them for 90 min per week, and a total of
about 40 hours).  Scratch has been suggested as an alternative to us and
some of the sample projects I've seen look pretty good, but we
definitely want to keep OLPC as a motivating component of our program.

Clare Richardson
Technology and Program Coordinator
Girlstart