[OLPC-Games] Pygame Mouse Events

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:17:46 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Noah Kantrowitz <kantrn at rpi.edu> wrote:
> Pedro Kayatt wrote:
> > In the game!? Is about 24fps, but like i don't implement dirty rectangles
> > yet, the game run with 7fps on XO...
>
> Suffice to say this is a known bug. GTK generates mouse events far more
> quickly than SDL, and unless you have a high framerate (think >45) it
> will quickly overflow the queue and crash the game.

I don't know if this is a related issue that I'm having, but I'm
trying to get an activity working that uses drag and drop. It uses
quite a lot of images, and I need to do some optimizing - at the
moment I get about 3 FPS on a B2 if I run the Pygame app through
Python.

Here's the problem: If I run it through Sugar with the olpcgames
wrapper (svn r311) it launches, but as soon as I click on something I
get "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x427)!" and the activity
stops responding to keyboard and mouse.

Googling this error suggests that it relates to threads, which Lincoln
said are used in olpcgames.

Any ideas?

The activity can be downloaded from
http://penguinlabs.net/StoryBuilder-2.xo if you want to reproduce the